The Confirmation candidates must be properly prepared to receive this sacrament meaningfully, and become real witnesses of the Gospel. Our program requires commitment to the following:
- Attend Mass regularly
- Attend all of the scheduled gatherings
- Cathedral visit and meeting the Bishop, Diocese of Valleyfield
- Retreat – allowing for fellowship, activities, sharing a meal together, Reconciliation, prayer and quiet reflection
- Rehearsal prior to the celebration
- Learn about:
- The Church
- The Bible
- The Sacraments
- Christian Witnesses and Saints
Please click to read the Role of Your Sponsor.
Candidates must choose a Confirmation sponsor. This person is preferably a godparent chosen at Baptism or another person who meets the following conditions:
- cannot be the candidate’s mother or father
- be at least 16 years of age
- must be Catholic who has received their First Communion and Confirmation
- living a life in harmony with the faith
The sponsor is to take care that the confirmed person behaves as a true witness of Christ and faithfully fulfills the obligations inherent in this sacrament.
* Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Confirmation Celebration has been postponed until further notice (date to be determined).
The next schedule of gatherings will be uploaded when available.
For more information:
Contact the parish office (450) 458-5322