The Confirmation candidates must be properly prepared to receive this sacrament meaningfully, and become real witnesses of the Gospel. Our program requires commitment to the following:
- Attend Mass regularly
- Attend all of the scheduled gatherings
- Cathedral visit and meeting the Bishop, Diocese of Valleyfield
- Retreat – allowing for fellowship, activities, sharing a meal together, Reconciliation, prayer and quiet reflection
- Rehearsal prior to the celebration
- Learn about:
- The Church
- The Bible
- The Sacraments
- Christian Witnesses and Saints
Please click to read the Role of Your Sponsor.
Candidates must choose a Confirmation sponsor. This person is preferably a godparent chosen at Baptism or another person who meets the following conditions:
- cannot be the candidate’s mother or father
- be at least 16 years of age
- must be Catholic who has received their First Communion and Confirmation
- living a life in harmony with the faith
The sponsor is to take care that the confirmed person behaves as a true witness of Christ and faithfully fulfills the obligations inherent in this sacrament.
The next schedule of gatherings will be uploaded when available.
For more information:
Contact the parish office (450) 458-5322