** Children must have received the sacrament of Reconciliation (First Confession) prior to preparing for First Holy Communion.
In order to prepare children to receive this sacrament meaningfully, our program requires commitment to the following:
- Attend Mass regularly
- Program overview meeting for parents
- Talk given by Father – gathering for both children and parents
- Attend all of the scheduled gatherings
- Learn the Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be & Centurion Prayer
- Readings from an illustrated children’s Bible
- Complete the assigned chapters of workbook at home prior to each gathering
- Complete the handouts that reinforce the lessons
- Rehearsal prior to the celebration
The teaching tool we use for Sacrament Preparation is the “On Our Way with Jesus“ program. The workbook from this series that we use for First Communion preparation is called “We Share in the Eucharist”. We will also be using the same children’s Bible that was given to your child the previous year.
* Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic, preparation for First Holy Communion is suspended until further notice.
The next schedule of gatherings will be uploaded when available.
For more information:
Contact the parish office at (450) 458-5322