In order to prepare children to receive this sacrament meaningfully, our program requires commitment to the following:
- Attend Mass regularly
- Initiation meeting with parents
- Talk given by Father – gathering for both children and parents
- Attend all of the scheduled gatherings
- Learn the Sign of the Cross, the Our Father and Hail Mary
- Readings from an illustrated children’s Bible
- Complete the assigned chapters of workbook at home prior to each gathering
- Complete the handouts to reinforce the message of each lesson
- Rehearsal prior to the celebration
The teaching tool we use for Sacrament Preparation is the “On Our Way with Jesus” program. The workbook from this series that we use for First Confession preparation is called “We Prepare for Reconciliation”. An illustrated children’s Bible will also be used and given out to each child to keep.
* Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic, preparation for First Reconciliation has been suspended until further notice.
The next schedule of gatherings will be uploaded when available.
For more information:
Contact the parish office at (450) 458-5322